Job Title: Team Leader “Institutional Capacity Building to the Transport/ Road Sector in Kenya”
Country of assignment and location
Project / Field of activity
The European Union – Kenya country strategy program/ national indicative program (CSP/ NIP, 2008 – 2013) stresses the importance of the regional economic integration by means of strengthening transport infrastructure. The EU subsequently aims at supporting the ongoing reforms in the transport and road sector through institutional capacity building which are part of the priority actions to be implemented under the CSP/ NIP.
The overarching objective of the project is to provide technical assistance (TA) in order to support the Ministry of Transport in its endeavor to reform the transport sector. The support concept considers economic, social, technological and environmental impacts being essential conditions for providing a good quality transport.
The support activities of the project include an integrated institutional capacity building program guided by relevant national policy frame works and needs assessment studies. Furthermore, the project’s support activities shall include provision of a wide range of long- and short-term technical assistance services, aiming at the development of managerial, financial, procurement, legal, IT skills and related systems through on-the-job training approach.
Institutions to be supported include the Ministry of Roads, Kenya National Highways Authority (KeNHA), Kenya Rural Roads Authority (KeRRA), Kenya Urban Roads Authority (KURA), the Ministry of Transport and other sector agencies.
The Team Leader of the project “Institutional Capacity Building to the Transport/ Road Sector” in Kenya will be a senior professional, combining technical expertise in transport sector reforms and organizational development. His/ her responsibilities are the overall management of the project and specific technical activities carried out under this assignment.
- Master degree in a relevant discipline (transport economics and/or institutional reforms); a relevant postgraduate degree would be an asset;
- Proficiency and fluency in English and proven experience in writing detailed reports in English;
- At least 10 years of relevant documented work experience in the context of transport sector reform, restructuring and reforming policies in the transport sector;
- Recent experience as a senior advisor to governments, ministries, institutions and I or organizations in the field of transport economic and institutional reforms;
- Working experience in project coordination and management; experience in leading a team of professionals is obligatory;
- Macroeconomic background and knowledge of public finance management would be an asset;
- Previous work experience with international development donors and / or institutions (EC, World Bank, EU Member States,) is desirable;
The intended commencement date is July 2012 and the duration of the assignment will be 36 months.
9th of January 2012
Please note that we basically can only receive and process applications sent via our e-recruiting system. Should you not be able to do so, please contact the person named in the job advertisement.
To enable us to assess your existing skills and qualifications as part of our internal selection procedure, please complete the questionnaire on your competences when you apply online.
After submitting an application, please check your spam/junk folder regularly for incoming messages, as emails from our e-recruiting system are treated as spam by some providers.
We welcome job applications from people with disabilities..
How to Apply:
Deadline: 9th of January 2012