Job Title: Monitoring and Evaluation Specialist; APHIAplus project
The Successful candidate must have legal authority to work and reside in Kenya.
PATH is an international nonprofit organization that creates sustainable, culturally relevant solutions, enabling communities worldwide to break longstanding cycles of poor health. PATH’s mission is to improve the health of people around the world by advancing technologies, strengthening systems, and encouraging healthy behaviors.
PATH seeks to recruit a Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Specialist with executive authority to provide strategic direction, technical leadership and performance accountability to the M&E team for the APHIAplus Western Kenya project. S/he will oversee the design, development and implementation of the M&E strategy for the project, offer technical assistance and help build capacity of the project stakeholders on data for decision-making. S/he will lead the M&E and implementation teams to carry out monitoring in a timely manner, ensuring accurate data collection, analysis, reporting of project activities and outputs and use of data for decision-making. With input from the project team, s/he will identify and oversee focused data analysis and special studies that support project management. S/he will ensure assessments carried out meet quality and technical standards and that findings are appropriately shared with respective stakeholders. This position will be based in either Nyanza or Western province.
The main responsibilities include but are not limited to:
* Design and manage the project’s M&E strategy.
* Establish effective data collection, compilation and reporting mechanisms.
* Provide technical expertise in project evaluation methodology and design.
* Provide guidance and a mechanism to ensure quality assurance is maintained at all levels of programmatic work and particularly at results level.
* Contribute to the development of projects performance indicators.
* Develop protocols, instruments (e.g. questionnaires, checklists, discussion guides and interview forms) for data collection.
* Contribute to gathering of information, report writing, providing feedback and technical editing of annual results.
* Organize strategic meetings.
* Oversee the development and maintenance of project databases.
* Conduct data analysis and design and oversee special studies that support project management and document project performance.
* Ensure effective and disciplined teamwork, clarify roles and responsibilities of the M&E team members, as well as project management and technical teams as related to M&E.
* Build capacity of project and technical team members to carry out data analysis and use of data for decision-making.
Demonstrated and disciplined leadership
* Demonstrated capacity-building approached to supporting staff development
* Ability to initiate, establish and maintain liaison activities with the major multilateral and bilateral stakeholders.
* Excellent interpersonal skills, capable of directing and managing change, inspiring teamwork, and motivating diverse staff and partners to achieve results.
* Excellent negotiation skills.
* Critical analysis and strong report writing skills required.
* Masters in Medical Demography, Public Health or comparable degree.
* Fifteen years work experience in research, HMIS, monitoring and evaluation of public health programs.
* Experience in the design, management, analysis and dissemination of complex, large-scale management information systems.
* Experience managing large scale, complex health information system projects in low-resources settings
* Experience designing and implementing M&E and health information system-related interventions
* Knowledge of and experience working successfully with large, international, multi-donor health grantees
How to Apply:
Deadline: 28th December 2011