Job Title: Senior Procurement Specialist - Regional Office, Nairobi Kenya
The Senior Procurement Specialist is the key representative in the Nairobi Regional Office on procurement activities on behalf of the organization. The day to day activities of this position encompass all aspects of supply chain management, from market research and supplier identification to logistics and post procurement support. This position will act as a primary resource to ensure that all project and corporate purchases are made according to RTI/USAID/FAR rules and regulations as well as aligned with strategic sourcing initiatives where global agreements / contracts are available. This position will also be responsible for the administration of RTI’s procurement policies and procedures in all project offices including the facilitation of related education and training programs.
• Assist and provide oversight to sourcing in support of project activities on an as-needed basis
• Verify that all procurements are approved and executed in accordance with applicable Federal regulations and RTI Procurement Policies and Procedures
• Review procurement files for compliance with RTI and Federal/USAID requirements including supplier identification, competition, source justification and/or price reasonableness Identify and develop qualified suppliers for a broad range of commodities and services in support of project activities with the goal of undertaking enhanced supplier surveillance functions
• Draft, negotiate and finalize all types of contractual correspondence and documents within signature authority
• Provide on-site operational assistance for projects during mobilization/implementation period and as-needed for other major procurement activities; provide demobilization/closeout support as needed.
• Serve as primary point of contact for management and administration of leases with respect to of
• Facilitate and develop RTIs logistics capacity with regards to inventory management, warehousing, property control to enhance project activities
• Serve as primary point of contact for management and administration of leases with respect to office, residential, warehouse and equipment requirements for Africa
• Assist in the development of nonexpendable property budget approval (including competition requirements); develop notifications for subcontracting activities; submit waivers up to and including lease vs purchase analysis and US source and origin sourcing
• Support regional office operations by engaging in purchasing agreements with local suppliers and service agreements for facility and equipment maintenance
• Effectively interpret, train and communicate RTI Procurement Policies and Procedures to project and Regional office staff.
• Conduct training on a regular basis for regional office and project staff regarding subcontracts and procurement, local procurement policy, sourcing, contracting responsibilities, ethics and general guidelines on property management.
• Coordinate with Accounts Payable and applicable project staff, as needed, to resolve supplier issues concerning invoicing and payments issues
• Effectively interpret, train and communicate RTI Procurement Policies and Procedures to project and Regional office staff
• Enter and maintain procurement commitments in RTI’s finance and accounting systems; provide support to field offices for procurement activities and review monthly project activity reports in coordination with compliance responsibilities
• Develop and/or support travel management program with local carriers, hotels and other travel related needs
Minimum Required Education & Experience:
Bachelor’s degree and 10 years’ related experience; MA degree and 6 years related experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Skills & Abilities:
• Knowledge of procurement / contracts principles and terminology as well as basics of contracts administration and finance or accounting
• General background, understanding of and experience with various procurement and/or logistics activities
• Knowledge of, and experience with, the use and interpretation of regulatory material such as the Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR), Agency Supplementary Regulations (especially various USAID regulations and policies), Code of Federal Regulations, and Uniform Commercial Code
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers, supervisor, project staff, and clients
• Proficient interpersonal, oral and written communication skills
• Ability to perform duties that require close attention to detail, to prioritize workload and follow tasks through to completion
• Ability to work independently within scope of job description
• Basic math and computer skills
RTI International is one of the world’s leading research institutes, dedicated to improving the human condition by turning knowledge into practice. Our staff of more than 2,800 provides research and technical expertise to governments and businesses in more than 40 countries in the areas of health and pharmaceuticals, education and training, surveys and statistics, advanced technology, international development, economic and social policy, energy and the environment, and laboratory and chemistry services.
RTI participates in the US Government E-Verify program, for specific information on this program please visit our employment portal at www.rti.org/jobs
Equal Employment Opportunity
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. Specific information regarding the laws that are designed to protect you against discrimination relating to your legal right to work in the US can be located at the employment portal www.rti.org/jobs
How to Apply:
Closing Date:23rd December 2011