Job Title: Senior TX Support Engineer
We are pleased to announce the following vacancy in the Core Network Planning & Support Department within the Technical&IT Division. In keeping with our current business needs, we are looking for a person who meets the criteria indicated below:
SENIOR TX SUPPORT ENGINEER
Reporting to the Senior Manager- Tx Planning & Support, the holder of the position will carry out fault resolution, configuration changes, quality assurance and transmission network availability monitoring to deliver reliable transport/transmission network.
* Take lead in Transmission fault identication, tracking and resolution
* Carryout Transmission quality monitoring, investigation and resolutions
* Monitoring and ensuring that Transmission network availability targets
* Ensure timely implementation of configuration and work orders as per the SLA
* Liaise with contractors, transmission equipment vendors and infrastructure providers in carrying out acceptance as per the approved processes
* Take a lead role in implementation and application of packet based transport in safaricom network;
* Ensure projects with suppliers are carried out in line with the approved processes and procedures to ensure that the key milestones are attained/flagged to attain project delivery timelines;
* Development, implementation and updates of transmission network performance systems and databases
* Perform transmission/transport trials, equipment/systems parameters checks and evaluation and subsequent recommendations for approval and adoption of new equipment, systems and technologies into the network.
* Cost effectiveness in relation to CAPEX OPEX of trials introduced in the network.
* University degree in Electrical, Electronics or Telecommunication Engineering;
* 5 years experience in telecommunications environment of which 3 years must have been involved in installations/commissioning and maintenance in the transmission field;
* Good understanding of guided and unguided(free space) communication with underlying transport technologies such as PDH, SDH, DWDM, IP/MPLS e.t.c
* Conversant with transmission implementation and performance measuring and monitoring tools
* Conversant with the design, implementation and operation of packet based networks;
* Have good understanding of converged as well as next generation transport network.
* CCNA knowledge is an added advantage;
* Good understanding of computer application as well as database development tools.
How to Apply:
If you feel that you are up to the challenge and possess the necessary qualification and experience, please send your resume with your cell phone contact indicating your experience and why you are the most suitable candidate for the role clearly quoting the job title and job reference to the address below by Monday, 26th December 2011.
The Senior Manager – Talent Acquisition
Via E-mail to
deadline: 26th December 2011