Job Title: Production Manager – Offset Litho & Digital Printing Press - Grade E/F
Applicants must be holders of a Bachelors Degree in Printing Technology/Printing & Packaging or a closely related field from a recognized university. In addition they must have:-
* Training and experience in the management of a printing press
* At least three (3) years relevant working experience gained within the printing industry and be familiar with all aspects of print production and finishing
Experience with offset lithographic and digital printing will be a definite advantage.
The applicant will be required to carry out the following duties:-
* Overseeing all areas of production, including pre-production, digital printing, off-set production, bindery and archiving
* Ensuring that in-house print jobs are quoted, produced and delivered with a high degree of quality, accuracy and timelines
* Providing technical expertise and advice related to printing processes, technology and equipment to departments, staff and students, as well as other University Press clients
* Contributing to the strategic direction of the University Press and effectively managing and leading staff in the production area.
Candidates with a Higher National Diploma in Printing Technology/Printing & Packaging, with the requisite technical and managerial skills and experience, will also be considered.
How to Apply:
The application letter should give full details of educational and professional qualification, work experience, present post and salary, applicant's telephone number and e-mail address. Copies of certificates and testimonials should also be enclosed giving the names and addresses of three (3) referees who are conversant with the applicant's competence and area of specialization. Applicants should apply directly to the undersigned
Deputy Vice-Chancellor (Administration)
P. O. BOX 43844 – 00100
Deadline: 30th December, 2011.