Job Title :Country Director--Kenya
Requisition Number 11-0172
Post Date 9/22/2011
Description Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
Leadership and Strategy
• Guide strategy development/refinement process and action planning, and lead execution, in collaboration with Regional VP
• Shape team structure and culture to promote collaboration, strategic thinking, innovation and growth.
• Supervise and mentor all senior management staff.
• Actively participate in regional and global organizational initiatives and connect to colleagues and resources within Pact for internal integration for strategic impact
Program and Technical Management
• Ensure project implementation and deliverables, donor reporting and compliance, and project spending meet Pact and donor expectations for quality and timeliness.
• Ensure technical excellence of all projects through coordination of internal and external technical assistance and partnerships.
• Ensure implementation of rigorous and comprehensive Monitoring, Evaluation, Reporting and Learning plans for each project and guide regular project reviews for learning and project documentation
• Provide specific and deeper management of the KCSSP project as Chief of Party, including technical oversight and guidance, annual workplanning, monitoring and evaluation, donor reporting, human resource and operations management, and donor and partner liaising.
Growth and External Relationships
• Build strong relationships with key stakeholders (government, partners, donors, private sector, etc.) for effective program implementation, learning, influence, and development results
• Network across a broad environment of partners and donors in exploration of new opportunities for Pact and the most effective future partnerships
• Regularly communicate with key units within Pact about donor strategies, contacts, development needs, and opportunities.
• Publicly represent Pact within a range of forums both within and beyond Kenya
Financial and Administrative Oversight
• Oversee timely, complete and accurate monthly reporting, and effective financial management of all resources allocated to Kenya projects within both cost-reimbursable and fixed-price contract frameworks
• Ensure compliance with all local and relevant US laws, donor regulations, GAAP, Pact policies, fair and competitive procurement guidelines to avoid misuse or loss of assets
• Ensure operational needs are effectively and efficiently met, including IT, vehicles, communications, office space, support staff, etc.
• Regularly review and analyze current budgets and future pipeline to guide operational and human resource decisions and investments in positioning for new business
• Ensure accurate budgeting for core and project specific costs and fair allocation of shared costs across donor budgets and provide accurate financial projections as requested for organization-wide planningCountry Director
• Bachelor’s Degree with 15 years experience or Masters Degree with 12 years experience required. **
• Minimum 5 years demonstrated experience in a senior management/leadership role.
• Minimum 5 years demonstrated experience with civil society strengthening, governance, or natural resource management programming required. Broad range of experience with development approaches and development needs, particularly those specific to East Africa preferred.
• Minimum 3 years of experience with USAID-funded awards required. Experience with other development funders (DFID, EU, private foundations, etc.) desired.
• Experience in Africa required; experience in East Africa strongly preferred.
• Strong networking, public speaking, cross-cultural communications, and relationship-building abilities strongly desired.
• Strong computers skills, and written and oral communications skills required. Fluency in English required.
How to Apply:
Deadline: 28th December 2011