Job title: Drivers
Location: Nairobi, Kenya
Employment Type: Full-Time
Summary: The Postal Corporation of Kenya (PCK) is a key Public Communication and Financial Services provider charged with specific statutory functions that are geared towards rapid social and economic development of our country.
To enable PCK discharge these functions, it has put in place a strategic business plan to ensure efficient delivery of services and improvement of corporate image.
Effective identification and deployment of the human capital is key to the success of our corporate goals and objectives.
In this regard the following position is hereby advertised.
Description: Duties and Responsibilities
* Carry out regular and daily vehicle checks as specified.
* Maintain vehicles in a presentable and clean condition at all times.
* Ensure vehicle defects are reported in time.
* Ensure consistency in a vehicle unless instructed otherwise by the controlling officer
* Ensure the assigned vehicle is fueled
* Ensure proper hand-over recording during driver change over.
* Take care and responsibility of assigned vehicle.
* Provide vehicle records i.e. mileage, fuel drawn etc when required.
* Maintenance and update of work ticket.
* Ensure only authorized staff and cargo are carried by the vehicle.
* Note down all passengers and cargo in the vehicle at all times.
* Ensure licensing and insurance is always up dated.
* Track down mileage and report regular service in time for booking.
* Report any defects detected in the vehicle.
* Ensure all vehicle use is authorized.
* Follow all the laid down regulations in case of accident which include: -
1. Stop at the scene.
2. Notify controlling officer giving all the details
3. Never accept liability.
4. Notify the nearest police station in case of an accident
5. Assist in rescue/recovery operations.
* Any other job assigned by the controlling officer.
* KCE Div IV or KCSE mean grade of D (Plain)
* Valid driving license/BCE minimum.
* Certification of driving by a professional body (AA of Kenya etc)
* 5 years relevant experience.
* Be a team player.
* Certificate of suitability test for drivers.
* First Aid Certificate from a reputable institution preferably St. John’s Ambulance.
* Must be between 30 and 35 of age.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates who meet the specified minimum requirements should submit written applications, attached with updated Curriculum Vitae alongside relevant copies of certificates and testimonials.
Applicants must indicate their home district.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted and canvassing will result to automatic disqualification.
Posta is an equal opportunity employer.
The applications must be sent by post to
the Postmaster General,
P.O. Box 34567 - 00100 Nairobi.
Closing Date: 04 January 2012