Job Title: Procurement Officer
The position holder must have legal authority to work and reside in Kenya.
PATH is an international nonprofit organization that creates sustainable, culturally relevant solutions, enabling communities worldwide to break longstanding cycles of poor health. PATH’s mission is to improve the health of people around the world by advancing technologies, strengthening systems, and encouraging healthy behaviors.
PATH seeks to recruit a Procurement Officer who will handle, coordinate and manage procurement of goods and services for the PATH Kenya Country Program activities in a timely and efficient manner while maintaining high standards of accountability. He will ensure that procurement documentation is used in accordance with USG and PATH guidelines and procedures.
Main responsibilities include but are not limited to:
* Manage the procurement process and ensure it is carried out in accordance with both the donor and PATH requirements.
* Coordinate annual evaluation and prequalification of suppliers.
* Facilitate the management of relationships with major suppliers for timely performance of the procurement process in the acquisition of quality assured commodities.
* Develop and advance standards, guidelines and tools related to PATH commodity procurement and logistics.
* Work closely with teams and assist in the preparation and execution of contract mechanisms, including purchase orders.
* Contribute to the preparation of requests for approvals and/or waivers, ensuring timely placement of orders for goods and services.
* Thoroughly familiar with current local and international procurement methods
* Must be fluent in spoken and written English.
* Demonstrated experience successfully managing multiple tasks with competing priorities.
* Organized, responsible, and concise in order to meet reporting requirements and deadlines.
* Proven effectiveness working independently and as a team member.
* Computer literate with excellent working knowledge in word and excel. Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite (i.e., Word, PowerPoint and Excel).
* Bachelors degree in business administration or related studies.
* Post graduate qualification in purchasing and supplies management.
* At least 7 years of experience in procurement, logistics, or a related field. Procurement experience from a USG funded project an added advantage.
* Previous work experience with USG-funded projects.
* Strong experience in freight forwarding, customs clearance, and logistics, forecasting, and in-country distribution.
* Experience in procurement under donor-funded projects.
* Experience working with the Government of Kenya and international NGOs.
How to Apply:
Deadline: 28th december 2011