Job Title: Service Deliver Manager – Kisumu Branch >> Date advertised: Wednesday February 2nd 2012, expires Friday February 17th 2012
Position: Service Delivery Manager – Kisumu Branch
Ref: SDM 02-2012
Department: Technology & Operations
Section: Branch Management
Responsible to: Senior Service Delivery Manager
Purpose of the Position:
Deliver exceptional business performance through the provision of efficient business development and responsible for the day to day running of the branch routine, this includes keeping high level of customer service, satisfactory routine standards, and control of costs, protects bank assets and staff, plan and ensures management controls are in place.
MAIN ACCOUNTABILITIES & OUTPUTS
1. 1. Customer Service Standards
* Ensure all service level agreements are adhered to, and ensure that all staff cultivates a customer care culture.
* Ensure customers are well informed of our products.
* Analyse customer service complaints and eliminate the root cause of such complaints
* Ensure proper queue management by providing adequate resource
* On a monthly basis measure at least 5 key performance areas of service in the branch and collect data as evidence of measurement .e.g. queues, cheque books ,TTs, complaints , cards, bankers cheques etc
1. 2. Operational Management
* Ensuring proper management controls are in place i.e. snap checks, keys and combination, dormant accounts and suspense accounts.
* Ensure proper management of cash in the branch.
* Ensure that the business continuity plan, the business impact analyses are in place to mitigate against branch operational risks.
* Ensure a high level of routine standards is maintained and a good rating is achieved during internal audit.
* Ensure no loses or interruptions occur due to failure to manage branch operational risk.
1. 3. Business Management and Development
* Formulate and implement sales plans/strategy for self and team aimed at increasing new business and share of wallet from existing clients.
* Develop a clear aggressive sales pipeline to both existing and potential customers ensuring to file all call memos.
* Continuously identify and develop new and profitable business opportunities.
* Collaborating and coordinating the development and implementation of sales initiatives with Service Delivery Managers, Asset Finance, Treasury, Corporate & the Sales Team to maximize on cross-selling opportunities.
* In conjunction with Manager, Products Development, conduct product review and product development through constant feedback from the market.
* Develop a strong customer relationship management system aimed at customer retention and maximizing on every relationship.
* Harness existing and create new competencies in order to achieve competitive advantage.
1. 4. Staff Development and People Management
· Build, develop and motivate a high performance team in the branch.
* Help in resource planning, setting performance objective and providing regular feedback on branch performance.
* Maintain an effective leave program and an in-house training schedule for ease of relief due to leave or sickness.
* Bachelors degree in a business related field
* AKIB /ACIB will be added advantage
* At least 6 years’ working experience in a Banking environment, with sound exposure to Branch Operations and Business Growth & Development, 3 of which should be at a management level.
* Knowledge of Banking and Business Operations: Well round knowledge of ALL the Bank’s operations and processes and excellent knowledge of Bank policies and procedures
* Risk Management: Ability to anticipate and mitigate risk by developing appropriate Risk Management Policies for the Bank
* Audit Standards and Legislations: Excellent knowledge of International Accounting and Audit Standards, and Legislations
* Compliance and Regulatory Framework: Top notch understanding of the regulatory issues, reporting and operational requirement as provided by CBK, KRA, KIB, etc.
* Conceptual and Analytical Skills: Ability to quickly grasp and understand systems and keen to detail
* Technology Skills: Knowledge of computerized Internal Audit Techniques, Computerized accounting and financial systems, banking applications and spreadsheets
* Results and Achievement Oriented: strives to achieve results, enjoys measuring others, being measured, and being judged on performance standards and those of others he leads
* Personal Ethics: Must be honest, fair, just but firm with himself, and of high integrity
* Negotiation Skills: Must be a good negotiator, particularly in changing behaviour and work practices but always Win/Win
* Communication and Interpersonal Skills: well developed oral and report-writing skills, ability to work with, lead and build motivated teams
* Human Resources Management Skills: Leadership Skills, Team Building and ability to train, develop and mentor staff
If you are up to the challenge and possess the necessary qualification and experience, please send your resume and application letter indicating why you are the most suitable candidate for the role clearly quoting the Job Title and Ref No to the address below by Friday, 17th February 2012.
HR Development Manager,
NIC Bank Limited
P.O. Box 44599-00100 GPO
Via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply for this position, please send your applications to:
Deadline: 17th February 2012