Job Title: Monitoring and Evaluation Officer Terms of Service: Contract Duty
Position Title: Monitoring and Evaluation Officer Terms of Service: Contract Duty Station: Nairobi, Kenya
Duties and responsibilities
1. Methodological support for the design, monitoring and evaluation of projects. Participate in the quality control process of project proposal design through supporting technical specialists and project staff in ensuring adherence to methodological standards and the correct application of the Logical Framework, clarity of objectives, results, indicators and mean of verification.
2. Develop, maintain and update results-based M&E plans for projects through the identification of baseline data, targets, data sources and data collection methods linked with national development frameworks and existing information systems.
3. Oversee M&E process of projects and adherence to required reporting mechanisms. Work closely with the project teams on program planning, programming, monitoring and evaluation requirements for partners and stakeholders, including inputs to the annual report for the Senior Management and the Board of Trustees.
4. Provide assistance in the development of project performance reports and ensure the utilization of lessons learnt for improving the efficiency and effectiveness of Project implementation. Follow up on the evaluation results, including monitoring of actions taken by the teams concerned, and prepare report for the Management Team.
5. Planning and coordination of project reviews and evaluation activities. Establish and facilitate the implementation of project reviews and evaluation plans and support the conduct of evaluation activities.
6. Assist in the implementation of evaluations; Participate and support self-and external independent evaluations; Provide inputs to the methodological review and preparation of consolidated comments/ reports.
7. Brief staff and consultants on monitoring and evaluation approaches and other related matters relevant to AYT’s evaluation activities.
8. Any other tasks as may be assigned.
Monitoring and Evaluation Training is a must, training in statistics will be an added advantage.
Minimum 2 years in project/program management and evaluation at national and/or international level.
At least 3 years of operational experience in development issues, focusing on youth and social development aspects.
Experience in designing and/or supporting a monitoring and evaluation system is essential.
Demonstrated technical capacity to initiate and provide guidance in monitoring and evaluation work to staff and other partners.
Strong communication skills and training capacity.
Ability to articulate suggestions and advice for improving programs and supporting change management.
How to Apply
:If you meet the highlighted qualifications, please email your CV and application letter indicating why you are the most suitable candidate for the role, clearly quoting the job title and job reference to firstname.lastname@example.org
The deadline for application is Friday, 29th June,2012.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Africa Youth Trust
off Laikipia Road, Gate No. 3
P.O. Box 51874 - 00100
Nairobi - Kenya
Deadline: 29th June 2012