Applicants must be holders of KCE Division III/KCSE mean Grade C (plain). They must have minimum professional qualification of Diploma in Automotive Engineering from a National Polytechnic or other recognized institutions. Those with Higher National Diploma in Automotive Engineering will have an added advantage. In addition, the applicant must have:
• A certificate of good conduct
• Driving License B.C.E.
• At least, three (3) years working experience in a busy commercial or institutional garage with a big fleet of vehicles
The duties and responsibilities of the Foreman will include the following:
• Proper vehicle diagnosis
• Preventive maintenance of vehicle both diesel and petrol
• Engine overhauls
• Ensuring vehicles are serviced in good time
• Supervising the garage mechanics and allocating them duties
• Ensuring proper spare parts are requested and fitted to vehicles
• Ensuring vehicles going out on trips are mechanically sound and complying with statutory requirements
• Giving daily status reports to the transport Manager
• Ensuring safety procedures
• Ensuring drivers handle vehicles in an efficient manner
• Any other duties assigned by the Transport Manager.
How to Apply:
Applicants and Referees should write directly to the undersigned.
Deputy Vice-Chancellor (Administration)
P. O. BOX 43844 – 00100
Applications and letters from the referees should be received not later than 10th February, 2012.