Location: Nairobi, Kenya
Employment Type: Full-Time
Summary: FIDA Kenya seeks to recruit a Senior Legal Counsel, who will be responsible for the day to day running of the Kisumu office.
• Oversees the day to day running of the Kisumu Legal Aid clinic
• Prepare court strategies in consultation with Head of Programmes
• Supervise legal counsel and other support staff within the team
• Makes interventions and petitions on behalf of the public in gender related issues
• Provide legal advice to FIDA clients
• Conduct mediation between parties
• Prepare pleadings, proofs of evidence and legal briefs
• Court attendance
• Liaise with other NGO’s, Government departments and relevant bodies in gender related cases.
Requirements: Minimum Qualifications and Attributes:- The ideal candidate should at least posses the following qualifications and attributes:- •Advocate of the High Court with over five (5) years experience.(Masters Degree in Law will be an added advantage). •Demonstrated knowledge of program planning, designing, monitoring & evaluation and financial management skills. •Demonstrated knowledge and experience in gender & women’s rights Issues. •Results oriented, creative and innovative. •Strong interpersonal communication skills and good presentation skills. •Must be a good team player, highly self motivated & self driven. •Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and set priorities.
Closing Date: 24 February 2012
How to Apply:
Interested candidates who fully meet the above criteria should send their applications along with a detailed Curriculum Vitae indicating expected salary and their daytime contact, addressed to the undersigned to be received by 5.00pm on 24th February 2012. Only successful candidates will be contacted. FIDA Kenya is an equal opportunity employer. The Executive Director Federation of Women Lawyers-Kenya Amboseli Road, off Gitanga Road P.O Box 46324-00100 NAIROBI