Salary: Ksh 218,500 Gross Per Month
Benefits: Currently includes 24 days annual leave, medical cover, bonus and gratuity
Merlin is a UK humanitarian agency which responds worldwide with vital healthcare and medical relief for vulnerable people caught up in natural disasters, conflict, and health systems collapse.
Merlin has been working in Kenya since 1998 and in Somalia since 2005.
Currently, Merlin in Kenya is operational in two regions of the country - the Western Highlands and Northern Kenya. In Somalia, Merlin operates in the three semi-autonomous regions of Somalia (Somaliland, Puntland and South Central region of Somalia).
The Monitoring and Evaluation Manager will be responsible for overseeing the planning and implementation of monitoring and evaluation activities for Merlin Kenya and Somalia programmes and will be responsible for (but not limited to):
* Participating in the designing and preparation of project proposals and logframes for new projects.
* Developing M&E frameworks, systems and tools as well as work plans.
* Assessment of Merlin Kenya and Somalia programmes against established goals, targets and indicators as stated in project proposal and log-frames.
* Presenting achievements against targets and baselines during quarterly review meetings.
* Reviewing technical and donor reports emanating from the field with a view of ensuring their completeness and that they reflect the actual position on the ground.
* Networking with other partners, MOH, UN agencies and other stakeholders on monitoring and evaluation matters.
* Representing Merlin at external forums as required.
* Capacity building and training of Merlin and partner staff in monitoring and evaluation through formal and informal adult learning methods.
* Documentation of M&E best practices and lessons learned for purposes of accountability and replication and for presentation to donors, partners and other stakeholders.
* Providing support to the collection and analysis of M&E data from field interventions and preparing and disseminating periodic reports incorporating service statistics and survey data as available.
The ideal candidate must have at least 3 years relevant experience in a similar capacity, including qualitative and quantitative M&E methodologies for health, nutrition, HIV/TB, malaria and RH interventions, including participatory and quasi-experimental evaluation designs that incorporate rigorous statistical methods.
In addition, the M&E Manager must be educated to Degree level in public health, biostatistics, epidemiology, or health information systems from a recognized academic institution, with a strong preference for a master’s degree.
Relevant training in M&E and experience of working in the NGO sector will be an added advantage.
How to apply:
Should this role be of interest to you, please send you application, clearly indicating “M&E Manager” in the subject line, to email@example.com by 5pm on Friday, 2nd March 2012.
Alternatively, you may wish to post your application to, HR Department, Merlin, Nairobi Office, P.O Box 3350 – 00200, Nairobi, Kenya.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.