Job ID CHQ-0474739 Job type Full-time Regular
Work country Kenya Posted 28-Mar-2012
Work city Nairobi Job area Human Resources (non consulting)
Travel 10% travel annually Job category Human Resources
Business unit Human Resources Job role Employee & Labor Relations Professional
Job role skillset General
Commissionable/Sales-Incentive jobs only No
• Working knowledge of African immigrant visa and immigration regulations within Africa.
• Assisting the supplier and/or the IBM employee/assignee with the various elements needed to complete the immigration process on a day to day basis.
• Partnering with key stakeholders (eg – Recruitment / Workforce Management/Government Programs etc) for the various countries for the various signatures and IBM data needed in the immigration process.
• Consolidate IBM foreign national data reporting across countries and coordinate with supplier for Govt reporting and meetings purposes.
• Assist and work with the Immigration Partner who supports Africa on all case escalation issues.
• SME responsible for driving IBM’s global mobility plans and HR framework advisory
• Bridge to internal IBM talent pillars i.e, global immigration, IA Tax, policy, systems, to support Africa mission & client needs
• Provide advice and counsel on IBM assignment plan selection /process / reduce exceptions / solutions across IA & Global IBMer program
• Ability to resolve client escalations and be able to communicate and align client expectations to the current immigration environment.
• Collaborate with Talent partners - develop understanding of client's enterprise business strategy
• Delivery integrated mobility solutions, accountable for issue resolution considering timing, cost, criticality etc
• Establish a management system & dotted line relationship with regional HR / country HR / BU HR leaders
• Support Mergers, Acquisitions and Outsourcing in region / BU; partner with the Human Resources Business Development/ transition & deal teams
• Reconcile key assignments / relocation movement within region / BU and interface across process stakeholders
• Global Process Services, Compensation Focal Points, Integrated Services Team,line manager in removing bottlenecks & addressing challenges
• Communicate seamlessly across client groups and educate community on compliance, policy, initiatives & processes
• Partner with recruitment in tracking & counseling international relocation transactions
• Collaborate with Country focal points - knowledge of assignee & assignments within region
• Be aware of Centrally Managed Territory process to respond to pandemic situations and coordinate during emergency
At least 5 years experience in immigration and client advisory services
At least 5 years experience in negotiation and analytics
At least 7 years experience in immigration and client advisory services
At least 7 years experience in negotiation and analytics
How to Apply:
Deadline: 7th April 2012